Awarding Organisation – Pearson Credit Value – 1
Duration – 1 Day
Qualification Purpose: This qualification is intended for those who work in, or want to work within the licenced retail sector.
The qualification comprises of 1 Unit, which is split into 13 x Learning Outcomes (LO)
LO1 – Know the nature, purpose and period of validity of a personal licence
LO2 – Understand the application process and legal duties when applying for a personal licence
LO3 – Understand the legal duties of a personal licence holder
LO4 – Understand the roles, responsibilities and functions of licensing authorities
LO5 – Understand the licensing objectives and the importance of partnerships in promoting these objectives
LO6 – Understand the nature and strength of alcohol and the effect on the body
LO7 – Understand the law in relation to premises licences
LO8 – Know the role and responsibilities of the Designated Premises Supervisor (DPS)
LO9 – Understand the law in relation to Temporary Event Notices (TEN)
LO10 – Understand the rights and legal duties of the responsible persons in relation to operation of licensed premises
LO11 – Know the law in relation to the protection of children on licensed premises
LO12 – Understand the powers of the police and other authorities in relation to licensed premises
LO13 – Understand prohibitions and exemptions in relation to licensable activities
Assessment: This qualification is assessed by the following methods: multiple choice exam questions (onscreen). Learners must achieve 70% correct answers to pass the exams.
1. Learners should have at least a Level 1 numeracy and literacy or equivalent
2. Learners should be at least 18 years old in order to undertake the qualification
3. Learners need to be able to provide at least one form of photographic identification or two forms of non-photographic identification.
Progression Opportunities: Learners can progress on to the following qualifications:
1. Level 2 Award for Working as a Door Supervisor in the Private Security Industry
2. Level 2 Award in Principles of Customer Services