Awarding Organisation – Pearson Credit Value – 6
Duration – 7 days
Qualification Purpose: This qualification is designed for learners who will need a licence to practice in order to work as a contracted door supervisor. The qualification is endorsed by the Security Industry Authority (SIA) and learners who complete it successfully are eligible to apply to the SIA for a licence.
The qualification comprises of 3 Units:
Unit 1 – Working in the Private Security Industry
Unit 2 – Working as Door Supervisor
Unit 3 – Conflict Management for the Private Security Industry
Unit 4 – Physical Intervention Skills in the Private Security Industry
Assessment: This qualification is assessed by the following methods: multiple choice exam questions. Learners must achieve 70% correct answers to pass the exams. Portfolio of evidence. Learners will be observed while performing simulated activities.
1. Learners should have at least a Level 1 numeracy and literacy or equivalent
2. Learners should be at least 16 years old in order to undertake the qualification
3. Learners must hold a valid Emergency First Aid at Work certificate before they start training
4. Learners need to be able to provide at least one form of photographic identification or two forms of non-photographic identification.
Progression Opportunities: Learners can progress on to the following qualifications:
1. Level 2 Award for Working as a Close Protection Operative in the Private Security Industry.