Awarding Organisation – QNUK Credit Value – 1
Duration – 0.5 days
Qualification Purpose: This qualification is aimed at those who are entering the workplace, potentially for the first time. It is a qualification that indicates that an individual can undertake a specific role in the workplace and that they may be relied on by employers.
The qualification comprises of 1 Unit – Understanding Health and Safety in the Workplace which is split into 4 x Learning Outcomes (LO):
LO1 – Understand the importance of health and safety in the workplace
LO2 – Understand the scope of hazards and risks in the workplace
LO3 – Understand the range of workplace conditions that can affect health and safety
LO4 – Understand the requirements for workplace procedures
Assessment: This qualification is assessed by multiple choice exam questions. Learners must achieve 70% correct answers to pass the exam.
1. Learners should have a minimum of Level 1 literacy and numeracy or equivalent
2. Learners should be at least 14 years old in order to undertake the qualification
3. Learners need to be able to provide at least one form of photographic identification or two forms of non-photographic identification.
Progression Opportunities: Learners can progress on to the following qualifications:
1. Level 2 Award in Health and Safety in the Workplace
2. Level 2 Award in Principles of Workplace Risk Assessment
3. Level 1 Award in Principles of Fire Awareness at Work