Awarding Organisation – QNUK Credit Value – 1
Duration – 1 day
Qualification Purpose: This qualification is aimed at those who are looking to improve their knowledge related to health and safety risk assessments, or who are looking to support competent risk assessors. The qualification is ideally aimed at employees who are looking to take on more health and safety responsibilities.
The qualification comprises of 1 Unit – Understanding the Principles of a Workplace Risk Assessment which is split into 2 x Learning Outcomes (LO):
LO1 – Understand how risk assessment can contribute to a safer work environment
LO2 – Understand the principles of a workplace risk assessment
Assessment: This qualification is assessed by multiple choice exam questions. Learners must achieve 70% correct answers to pass the exam.
1. Learners should have a minimum of Level 1 literacy and numeracy or equivalent
2. Learners should be at least 14 years old in order to undertake the qualification
3. Learners need to be able to provide at least one form of photographic identification or two forms of non-photographic identification.
Progression Opportunities: Learners can progress on to the following qualifications:
1. Level 2 Award in Health and Safety in the Workplace
2. Level 3 Award in Health and Safety in the Workplace
3. Level 3 Award in Workplace Risk Assessment