Awarding Organisation – QNUK Credit Value – 1
Duration – 1 day
Qualification Purpose: This qualification is aimed at employees, or those looking to enter the workplace. Health and safety training is a requirement in the workplace and this qualification enables learners to identify and understand the most common workplace hazards. It is recommended that this qualification is refreshed every 3 years.
The qualification comprises of 1 Unit – Health and Safety in the Workplace which is split into 4 x Learning Outcomes (LO):
LO1 – Understand the roles and responsibilities for health and safety in the workplace
LO2 – Understand how risk assessments contribute to health and safety
LO3 – Understand how to identify and control the risks from common workplace hazards
LO4 – Know the procedures for responding to accidents and incidents in the workplace
Assessment: This qualification is assessed by multiple choice exam questions. Learners must achieve 70% correct answers to pass the exam.
1. Learners should have a minimum of Level 1 literacy and numeracy or equivalent
2. Learners should be at least 14 years old in order to undertake the qualification
3. Learners need to be able to provide at least one form of photographic identification or two forms of non-photographic identification.
Progression Opportunities: Learners can progress on to the following qualifications:
1. Level 2 Award in Principles of Workplace Risk Assessment
2. Level 3 Award in Health and Safety in the Workplace