Awarding Organisation – QNUK Credit Value – 1
Duration – 0.5 days
Qualification Purpose: This qualification is aimed at providing the knowledge related to fire safety in the workplace, including the need for safe evacuation.
The qualification comprises of 1 Unit – Fire Awareness which is split into 3 x Learning Outcomes (LO):
LO1 – Understand the hazards and risks associated with fire in the workplace
LO2 – Know how to use a range of fire controls
LO3 – Understand the importance of a prompt and safe evacuation of the workplace
Assessment: This qualification is assessed by multiple choice exam questions. Learners must achieve 70% correct answers to pass the exam.
1. Learners should have a minimum of Level 1 literacy and numeracy or equivalent
2. Learners should be at least 14 years old in order to undertake the qualification
3. Learners need to be able to provide at least one form of photographic identification or two forms of non-photographic identification.
Progression Opportunities: Learners can progress on to the following qualifications:
1. Level 2 Award in Fire Safety for Fire Marshals
2. Level 2 Award in Health and Safety in the Workplace