Awarding Organisation – QNUK Credit Value – 1
Duration – 3 days
Qualification Purpose: This qualification is aimed at those who are looking to be able to undertake manual handling risk assessments on common manual handling tasks.
The qualification comprises of 1 Unit – Undertaking Manual Handling Risk Assessments on Inanimate Loads which is split into 4 x Learning Outcomes (LO):
LO1 – Understand how manual handling risk assessments can contribute to a safer work environment
LO2 – Understand the principles of a manual handling risk assessment
LO3 – Complete a risk assessment of manual handling operations
LO4 – Complete a manual handling risk assessment report
Assessment: This qualification is assessed by multiple choice exam questions. Learners must achieve 67% correct answers to pass the exam. Learners must also produce a manual handling risk assessment which is supported by a report on their findings and recommendations.
1. Learners should have a minimum of Level 2 literacy and numeracy or equivalent
2. Learners should be at least 18 years old in order to undertake the qualification
3. Learners need to be able to provide at least one form of photographic identification or two forms of non-photographic identification.
Progression Opportunities: Learners can progress on to the following qualifications:
1. Level 3 Award in Health and Safety in the Workplace
2. Level 3 Award in Principles of Workplace Risk Assessment