Awarding Organisation – QNUK Credit Value – 1
Duration – 0.5 days
Qualification Purpose: This qualification is aimed at those who require an understanding of the hazards associated with manual handling and how best these can be avoided.
The qualification comprises of 1 Unit – Understanding the Principles of Manual Handling which is split into 3 x Learning Outcomes (LO):
LO1 – Understand the reasons for safer manual handling
LO2 – Understand how manual handling risk assessments contribute to improving health and safety
LO3 – Understand the principles, types of equipment and testing requirements associated with manual handling safety
Assessment: This qualification is assessed by multiple choice exam questions. Learners must achieve 70% correct answers to pass the exam.
1. Learners should have a minimum of Level 1 literacy and numeracy or equivalent
2. Learners should be at least 14 years old in order to undertake the qualification
3. Learners need to be able to provide at least one form of photographic identification or two forms of non-photographic identification.
Progression Opportunities: Learners can progress on to the following qualifications:
1. Level 2 Award in Manual Handling Loads at Work
2. Level 2 Award in Health and Safety in the Workplace
3. Level 2 Award in Principles of Workplace Risk Assessment