Awarding Organisation – QNUK Credit Value – 1
Duration – 0.5 days
Qualification Purpose: This qualification is aimed at employees, that require an understanding of the risks and controls with substances that are hazardous to health. This is a qualification that indicates an individual can undertake a specific role in the workplace and that they may be relied upon by employers.
The qualification comprises of 1 Unit – Principles of the Control of Substances Hazardous to Health which is split into 3 x Learning Outcomes (LO):
LO1 – Understand the law relating to hazardous substances in the workplace
LO2 – Understand how risk assessments contribute to the safe use of hazardous substances in the workplace
LO3 – Understand the precautions and procedures necessary to ensure the risks associated with hazardous substances are properly controlled
Assessment: This qualification is assessed by multiple choice exam questions. Learners must achieve 70% correct answers to pass the exam.
1. Learners should have a minimum of Level 1 literacy and numeracy or equivalent
2. Learners should be at least 14 years old in order to undertake the qualification
3. Learners need to be able to provide at least one form of photographic identification or two forms of non-photographic identification.
Progression Opportunities: Learners can progress on to the following qualifications:
1. Level 2 Award in Health and Safety in the Workplace
2. Level 3 Award in Health and Safety in the Workplace