Awarding Organisation – QNUK Credit Value – 1
Duration – 1 day
Qualification Purpose: This qualification is aimed at those who are interested in knowing more about first aid, but may find the practical elements of a first aid course to be difficult.
The qualification comprises of 1 Unit – Understanding the Essential of First Aid which is split into 5 x Learning Outcomes (LO):
LO1 – Understand the principles of basic first aid
LO2 – Know how to manage an incident
LO3 – Know how to provide first aid to an unresponsive casualty
LO4 – Know how to provide first aid to a casualty who is choking
LO5 – Know how to provide first aid to a casualty who is wounded or bleeding
Assessment: This qualification is assessed by the following methods: multiple choice exam questions. Learners must achieve 70% correct answers to pass the exam. Portfolio of evidence. Learners will be observed while performing practical first aid skills.
1. Learners should have a sufficient command of English language
2. Learners should be at least 10 years old in order to undertake the qualification
3. Learners need to be able to provide at least one form of photographic identification or two forms of non-photographic identification.
Progression Opportunities: Learners can progress on to the following qualifications:
1. Level 3 Award in First Aid at Work
2. Level 3 Award in Responding to Incidents with an AED