Awarding Organisation – QNUK Credit Value – 1
Duration – 1 day
Qualification Purpose: This qualification is the choice of many employers to ensure that they are meeting the requirements of the Health and Safety (First Aid) Regulations 1981. This qualification is ideal for those employers that need to meet the minimum requirement of first aid regulations; typically those who are working in shops, offices and other low risk environments.
The qualification comprises of 1 Unit – Emergency First Aid in the Workplace which is split into 7 x Learning Outcomes (LO):
LO1 – Understand the role and responsibilities of a first aider
LO2 – Be able to assess an incident
LO3 – Be able to provide first aid to an unresponsive casualty
LO4 – Be able to provide first aid to a casualty who is choking
LO5 – Be able to provide first aid to a casualty with external bleeding
LO6 – Know how to provide first aid to a casualty who is in shock
LO7 – Know how to provide first aid to a casualty with minor injuries
Assessment: This qualification is assessed by the following methods: multiple choice exam questions. Learners must achieve 70% correct answers to pass the exam. Portfolio of evidence. Learners will be observed while performing practical first aid skills.
1. Learners should have a sufficient command of English language
2. Learners should be at least 16 years old in order to undertake the qualification
3. Learners should have the physical capabilities to be able to perform the practical first aid procedures
4. Learners need to be able to provide at least one form of photographic identification or two forms of non-photographic identification.
Progression Opportunities: Learners can progress on to the following qualifications:
1. Level 3 Award in First Aid at Work
2. Level 3 Award in Responding to Incidents with an AED