Awarding Organisation – QNUK Credit Value – 1
Duration – 1 day
Qualification Purpose: This qualification is designed for all those whose working environments mean that they are likely to have to deal with aggressive individuals.
The qualification comprises of 1 Unit; Understanding the prevention of violence in the workplace which contains 3 x Learning Outcomes (LO):
LO1 – Be able to outline the legal aspects related to violence
LO2 – Be able to state common risk and control factors related to workplace violence
LO3 – Be able to recognise and manage incidents of aggression and abusive behaviour
Assessment: This qualification is assessed by the following methods: multiple choice exam questions. Learners must achieve 70% correct answers to pass the exams.
1. Learners should have at least a Level 1 numeracy and literacy or equivalent
2. Learners should be at least 16 years old in order to undertake the qualification
3. Learners need to be able to provide at least one form of photographic identification or two forms of non-photographic identification.
Progression Opportunities: Learners can progress on to the following qualifications:
1. Level 2 Award in Health and Safety in the Workplace
2. Level 2 Award for Working as a Door Supervisor in the Private Security Industry