Awarding Organisation – Pearson Credit Value – 17
Duration – 15 days
Qualification Purpose: This qualification is designed for learners who will need a licence to practice in order to work as a contracted Close Protection Operative. The qualification is endorsed by the Security Industry Authority (SIA) and learners who complete it successfully are eligible to apply to the SIA for a licence.
The qualification comprises of 3 Units:
Unit 1 – Working as a Close Protection Operative
Unit 2 – Planning, Preparing and Supporting a Close Protection Operation
Unit 3 – Conflict Management for the Private Security Industry
Assessment: This qualification is assessed by the following methods: multiple choice exam questions. Learners must achieve 70% correct answers to pass the exams. Portfolio of evidence. Learners will be observed while performing simulated activities.
1. Learners should have at least a Level 1 numeracy and literacy or equivalent
2. Learners should be at least 18 years old in order to undertake the qualification
3. Learners should have at least a Level 3 First Aid at Work certificate before they start training
3. Learners need to be able to provide at least one form of photographic identification or two forms of non-photographic identification.
Progression Opportunities: Learners can progress on to the following qualifications:
1. Level 3 Award for Professional Investigators.