Awarding Organisation – QNUK Credit Value – 6
Duration – 5 Days
Qualification Purpose: This qualification has been developed to provide the necessary knowledge and skills for Security Managers or those aspiring to advance their careers within the security industry. This is the next step from the initial SIA licence qualifications to introduce and practice management, supervisory and leadership skills that are required to take ownership of a team and contract effectively.
The qualification comprises of 4 Units;
U1 – General responsibilities of a security manager
U2 – Legislation into operational requirements
U3 – Operational skills of a security manager
U4 – Team leadership in a security environment
Assessment: This qualification is assessed by the following methods: portfolio of evidence, short answer questions, products of work and observational assessments. All learners will have to build a portfolio of evidence to demonstrate and document the required knowledge, skills and behaviours to be able to achieve this qualification.
1. Learners should have at least a Level 2 numeracy and literacy or equivalent
2. Learners should be at least 18 years old in order to undertake the qualification
3. Learners should hold an existing SIA licence linked qualification
4. Learners need to be able to provide at least one form of photographic identification or two forms of non-photographic identification.
Progression Opportunities: Learners can progress on to the following qualifications:
1. Level 3 Award for Professional Investigators