Awarding Organisation – QNUK Credit Value – 2
Duration – 3 days
Qualification Purpose: This qualification is aimed at those who are undertaking fire risk assessments in a low risk workplace.
The qualification comprises of 1 Unit – Undertaking Fire Risk Assessments in Low Risk Workplaces which is split into 4 x Learning Outcomes (LO):
LO1 – Understand how a fire risk assessment can contribute to a safer work environment
LO2 – Understand the principles of a fire risk assessment
LO3 – Complete a fire risk assessment of a work environment
LO4 – Complete a fire risk assessment report
Assessment: This qualification is assessed by the following methods: multiple choice exam questions. Learners must achieve 67% correct answers to pass the exam. Portfolio of evidence. Learners need to complete a fire risk assessment of a workplace. The risk assessment should be supported with a report outlining the recommended controls.
1. Learners should have a minimum of Level 2 literacy and numeracy or equivalent
2. Learners should be at least 18 years old in order to undertake the qualification
3. Learners need to be able to provide at least one form of photographic identification or two forms of non-photographic identification.
Progression Opportunities: Learners can progress on to the following qualifications:
1. Level 3 Award in Health and Safety in the Workplace
2. Level 3 Award in Workplace Risk Assessment