Awarding Organisation – Pearson Credit Value – 5
Duration – 5 Days
Qualification Purpose: This qualification is designed for those who wish to teach conflict management skills. It is aimed at those who have already completed a generic teaching qualification and who now require a more specialist qualification. For trainers who are delivering licence linked qualifications in the private security industry, the qualification meets the requirements laid down by the Security Industry Authority (SIA).
The qualification comprises of 2 Units:
U1 – Managing conflict in the workplace when dealing with customers, service users or the public
U2 – Delivering scenario based conflict management training
Assessment: This qualification is assessed by the following methods: portfolio of evidence, short answer questions, products of work and observational assessments. All learners will have to build a portfolio of evidence to demonstrate and document the required knowledge, skills and behaviours to be able to achieve this qualification.
1. Learners should have at least a Level 2 numeracy and literacy or equivalent
2. Learners should be at least 18 years old in order to undertake the qualification
3. Learners should already be qualified with a general teaching qualification (evidence required)
4. Learners need to be able to provide at least one form of photographic identification or two forms of non-photographic identification.
Progression Opportunities: Learners can progress on to the following qualifications:
1. Level 3 Award for the Delivery of Physical Intervention Training.