Awarding Organisation – QNUK Credit Value – 1
Duration – 1 day
Qualification Purpose: This qualification is aimed at those who are undertaking the role of a fire marshal in the workplace. The qualification builds on the Level 1 Award in Fire Awareness in the Workplace.
The qualification comprises of 1 Unit – Undertaking the Role of a Fire Marshal which is split into 5 x Learning Outcomes (LO):
LO1 – Understand the hazards and risks associated with fire in the workplace
LO2 – Know how to use a range of fire controls
LO3 – Understand the importance of a prompt and safe evacuation of the workplace
LO4 – Know how to support individuals during an evacuation
LO5 – Understand the roles of the fire marshal in the workplace
Assessment: This qualification is assessed by multiple choice exam questions. Learners must achieve 70% correct answers to pass the exam.
1. Learners should have a minimum of Level 1 literacy and numeracy or equivalent
2. Learners should be at least 14 years old in order to undertake the qualification
3. Learners need to be able to provide at least one form of photographic identification or two forms of non-photographic identification.
Progression Opportunities: Learners can progress on to the following qualifications:
1. Level 2 Award in Health and Safety in the Workplace
2. Level 3 Award in Health and Safety in the Workplace