Awarding Organisation – QNUK Credit Value – 11
Duration – 4 Days
Qualification Purpose: This qualification introduces the role of a Steward or Marshal at spectator events. Learners will develop the knowledge and understanding necessary to support entry to the industry including how to prepare for spectator events, assist with the movement of spectators and deal with crowd issues, help to manage and resolve conflicts and how to deal with incidents at spectator events. Knowledge of team working and supporting the work of their organisation is also covered. The qualification is specifically suited to volunteers at spectator events supporting more experienced staff. Upon completion of the qualification the learner will meet the requirements at Section 4.10b of the Guide to Safety at Sports Grounds, the “Green Guide”. This qualification will prepare learners for employment and enable them to progress to the Level 2 Certificate in Spectator Safety.
The qualification comprises of 5 Units:
U1 – Know how to prepare for spectator events
U2 – Know how to assist with the movement of spectators and deal with crowd issues at events
U3 – Know how to help to manage and resolve conflict
U4 – Know how to deal with incidents at spectator events
U5 – Know how to support the work of your team and organisation
Assessment: This qualification is assessed by the following methods: portfolio of evidence, short answer questions, products of work and observational assessments. All learners will have to build a portfolio of evidence to demonstrate and document the required knowledge, skills and behaviours to be able to achieve this qualification.
1. Learners should have at least a Level 1 numeracy and literacy or equivalent
2. Learners should be at least 16 years old in order to undertake the qualification
3. Learners must have completed the ACT Aware counter terrorism e-learning prior to starting this qualification (evidence required)
4. Learners need to be able to provide at least one form of photographic identification or two forms of non-photographic identification.
Progression Opportunities: Learners can progress on to the following qualifications:
1. Level 2 NVQ Certificate in Spectator Safety